Wednesday 21 December 2016

64 Heartburn

21 December 2016


Today I learned that my heartburn is caused by eating too quickly and perhaps too much. The dietician (Nadia) did a home visit and was very helpful in answering my questions. I was quite proud of the fact that I could get the IV bag to drip the food at warp speed and consume a thousand calories in less than a half hour. Well now it's back to drip,  drip,  drip and towing the IV stand around the house for long periods. At least my weight has stopped dropping and I gained one pound this week so I am up to 149.



I had asked Nadia if I could have candy and to my surprise she said yes! Up till now the only taste delight allowed had been d-fizzed club soda! But, she said it had to be sugar free so if any was aspirated into my lungs there would be no sugar for bacteria to grow in. Cheryl is out right now with Katherine searching the town for sugar free candy. Nadia was unable to tell me how I could have an ice cream sundae or successfully inject grated Balderson cheese into my feeding tube. "She is not perfect" (anyone know that quote?)




Home is getting busy with Kath here and it's  difficult dealing with the pleasant aromas from her cooking. It will get even busier tomorrow when Mike arrives so the blog will only be occasional. There is no improvement yet in my swallowing and I have to use slightly more medication for pain control. My throat must be waiting for the new year to celebrate with food.

If I don't talk to you in the next few days I wish you all a happy Christmas. I will let you know if there are any significant developments.


1 comment:

  1. Hey you - thinking of you and am very happy you can have a sugar free candy to suck on over the holidays... The vampires are here for a couple of days and Dad's and my liquid diet has also increased. Sending you lots of love and healing vibes.....be patient....you're very good at being patient already.....Big hugs....

    ReplyDelete