Tuesday 6 December 2016

50 Grey

6 December 2016






It is late and it has been a long day so here is a quick summary. Today was a session with the Speech and Language Pathologist and an x-Ray video machine. I had to eat and drink a variety of liquids coated with Barium while the X-Ray machine took a video of my swallowing. Here is a link to a similar video although not as detailed as the one I had today.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrtpYnz4mOw

My swallowing difficulty developed during radiation and the results show there has been much improvement. There are continuing problems with the Epiglottis not having a full range of motion so more recovery time is likely needed before I can get rid of the feeding tube. It is important that the system work well so food and drink can't enter the lungs and aggravate the pneumonia. On the 15th we get the full results and decide on a plan of action.

This means that I may have to skip the Christmas turkey this year. What shall I do while the rest of the family are gorging themselves on delicious food?  I think I will be the official photographer.


1 comment: