Tuesday 13 December 2016

57 It's Another

13 December 2016




My Dad had a saying that I didn't understand very well when I was growing up but as the years pass the meaning becomes clearer.

He said "If it's not one thing it's another and if it's not that, it's something else".

He was in the Royal Air Force during WW2 and served in England, Greece, Egypt, Sudan, Java, Sumatra, Ceylon and India. So he saw a lot of troubles and they didn't come neatly one by one.

Yesterday I was feeling low in energy and today my throat is sore and my limited swallowing is painful.  Cheryl has a cold and I have likely caught it too. She does kiss me every morning. That's likely what did it!


My feeding tube seems to be partly blocked and I think the cause is one of the liquid medications I take. It is sweet and very thick like honey and I think it is getting stuck in the tube. These minor troubles don't compare to what my Dad had to cope with during the war and we are seeing the medical team in Ottawa on Thursday and I am sure they will have some answers. Even if it is just an auger to clean out my feeding tube!


No comments:

Post a Comment