Sunday 18 December 2016

62 Freezing Rain

18 December 2016



This morning we had freezing rain but the sun came out after and all the tree branches sparkled. It was too slippery to walk outside so I did my 2km walk on the treadmill downstairs. I don't enjoy the treadmill but I had my headphones with 60's rock music which helped. By the end of my 2km I was breathing quite hard at a pace of 4 kph. Just three months ago I was breathing similarly at more than twice that pace. I think my lungs need more time for recovery but even a steady 4kph is much better than I could manage 2 weeks ago.


Recently I have been trying to imitate our cat Blaze who is very happy and healthy. He advocates a placid life style with lots of rest and naps. Bursts of activity are fine so long as it is something really enjoyable. I think I might be having some success because I have been trying to think what I have been doing today and it is essentially - nothing!

This evening we had a short visit from four friends that we haven't seen for quite a long time. It was a very positive experience for all of us. They were pleased to see the improvement in my level of functioning compared to a few weeks ago. It was also good for me to be told how well I am doing. When everyone is telling you how well you are doing you have to believe it!


I still seem to be having some difficulty accepting the tube feeding. I think I had seen the end of radiation as the beginning of recovery. In reality, the damage from the radiation continues to emerge for several weeks after the end of the sessions. I will be patient and focus on the idea that each day happiness is a choice.


After the Freezing Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment