Monday 5 December 2016

49 White

5 December 2016



Part way through this morning I realized that although Cheryl is the impulsive one, I am quite impatient when I have figured out the direction I want to go. I am certainly impatient to be not a patient.
I understand now that cutting down on the morphine has to be a long term goal and not easily accomplished. Encouraged by early success I speeded up the process too much and suffered the consequences.



This need to be patient was echoed by advice from friends throughout the day and I thank you all for your feedback. You will be happy to know that today I drank 0.5 ml of morphine to make up for the deficit in my dosing and within 15 minutes - I was feeling better. Such a small amount; hardly bigger than a raindrop but what an amazing change.



The year 2016 has not been a good one for me in some ways and with the end of the year  approaching I think I was in a hurry to be well. It is silly now because I will be well when it's the right time, however long that takes.

I do still need supervision though because I confess that this afternoon I couldn't resist the lure of the snowblower sitting lonely and neglected in the garage. Cheryl was out with a friend snowshoeing so I took the machine out for a little exercise to move the snow the township plow had dumped at the end of the driveway. I wrapped up well and took it slowly and you will be glad to know that there weren't any negative effects and the feeling of accomplishment was worth the small effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment