Saturday 17 December 2016

61 Washday

17 December 2016


 
This morning Katherine was up when I rose at 5:00am so she saw me at my worst. The longer I sleep the worse I feel so today I will try a nap and stay up later tonight.
 
The big project this morning was installing the washing machine - slowly! As a warm up, I did my half hour on the bike trainer to get my lungs functioning for the big task. The installation went well and I ran a short test cycle. The only problem was that the cold water supply tap is leaking and I can't see right now how to fix it. I will do more research before I call the plumber!


Cheryl and Katherine went to town shopping for several hours and Kath was delighted to find many things which are not available in Doha. I had my nap for 90 minutes while they were gone and felt very groggy when I woke. I'm not sure if the nap idea is a good one.

Despite being jet-lagged Katherine purchased in town a carefully colour matched basket to house my medications in a tidy way on the kitchen counter. By the time she leaves we will be totally organized!

Yesterday morning there was a beautiful sunrise. The warm water and cold air produced an ice fog that is unusually beautiful. I got my good camera out and took some photos. Other than pictures of our cat Blaze, I have been neglecting my hobby of photography. Perhaps there is something about being unwell that interferes with seeing the beauty that surrounds us. Hopefully getting the camera out is a sign of my gradual recovery. (click on the picture to see it larger)



No comments:

Post a Comment