Saturday 10 December 2016

54 Busy Doing Nothing

10 December 2016

I did everything right today. I slept late (for me) till 5:15, had 2 naps and rested a lot. I also avoided tasks requiring exertion and for exercise I walked slowly for half a km.  This is exactly what I am supposed to do for recovery but I have a deep feeling of frustration that I have been so unproductive. There are many tasks around the house and outside that I would normally be busy with but they are not allowed or possible.


Cat to the rescue!  I just looked over at our cat Blaze asleep on the back of the sofa and realized that his day was even more unproductive than mine. So, then I Googled "Busy Doing Nothing" and there were a huge number of images with this theme and cats occur in them quite frequently. Clearly Blaze is a good example of a day well spent.



One of the reasons that in recent years I have enjoyed going to Florida and living on the beach for March and November is that there is nothing to do and I can do nothing without any guilt. I was reminded of this today because we had a visit with Richard & Christiane who often accompanied us on our trips South. They were showing us some  pictures of their time on the beach last month.





So, I realize I have to do some more work on getting comfortable with not being productive in my normal way. I can console myself though by the idea that on a cellular level a lot of good work is going on and that should be my main focus for quite a while. The job list can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment